The Sentro Rizal Agana is calling on Filipino community organizations, Filipino artists, and other interested parties in Guam, CNMI, FSM, RMI and the Republic of Palau to submit proposals - in partnership with Sentro Rizal Agana - that utilize digital platforms for cultural activities in line with the National Commission for Culture and the Arts’ (NCCA) program PADAYON: Paglikha sa Panahon ng Pandemya (MOVE ON: Creativity During a Pandemic).
PADAYON aims to help members of Filipino communities overseas to move forward and thrive in spite of the pandemic. Inspired by the Visayan word padayon, meaning "move on," the program aims to encourage the different sites of Sentro Rizal to develop and produce cultural and creative output inspired by the experiences of pangungulila (longing/yearning), paghilom (recovery/ healing), and pag-asa (hope).
To ensure public health and safety, activities that involve mass gatherings are strictly prohibited. As such, proponents are encourage to develop the following types of projects:
- Online classes, workshops, lectures, webinars;
- Online streaming of concert/performances;
- Contests on film, literary arts/creative writing, music and visual arts;
- Inter-disciplinary creative initiatives for the benefit of the Overseas Filipino communities;
- E-tivities featuring artists/experts from the Filipino community
We look forward to receiving your proposals no later than Friday, 31 July 2020.
For further details on PADAYON, interested parties may contact the Sentro Rizal Agana, via email address email@example.com, attention to Ms. Rosemarie S. Ramos-Blaser, Cultural Officer.