The Philippine Consulate General in Agana reiterates and strongly reminds the public that the Philippines continues to enforce travel restrictions on foreign passport holders, including former Filipinos who have not yet qualified as dual citizens under the Dual Citizenship Law or Republic Act 9225. Until otherwise revoked or amended by subsequent directives, ALL FOREIGN PASSPORT HOLDERS WILL be excluded by the Bureau of Immigration upon arrival at any port of entry, even when in possession of a valid PHL visa.
In accordance with current Bureau of Immigration guidelines, only the following categories of foreign passport holders may be exempted and allowed to enter under the current travel restrictions:
- Foreign spouses and children of Filipino nationals
- Foreign spouse and children, traveling with the Filipino national shall be exempted from this restriction;
- If in case they are not traveling with the Filipino national, the foreign spouse and children must show proof of marriage and filiation, and present a copy of the valid PHL passport of the Filipino spouse/parent to be exempted;
- Only foreign spouses and children under non-visa required nationals category (E.O. 408) shall qualify under this exemption;
- Foreign government and international organization officials (incl. diplomats) who are accredited to the Philippines
- Foreign crew members
We strongly advise against non-essential travel to the Philippines during these uncertain times, especially for those who are not Philippine passport holders and who do not fall into any of the categories listed above.