The Philippine Consulate General in Agana (“the Consulate General”) informs the public that it has received written confirmation from the Governor of Guam that GovGuam interposes no objection and supports the Consulate General’s plan to provide limited on-site consular services even while the island remains under Pandemic Condition of Readiness Level 1 (PCOR-1).
The limited scope and nature of these on-site consular services recognizes the continuing threat of COVID-19 as evidenced by the fact that Guam remains under PCOR-1 and the daily dashboard of the Guam Department of Public Health and Social Services (DPHSS) continues to report double-digit new cases every day and a weekly positivity rate that hovers between 8% to 10%. Hence, the Consulate General shall endeavor to abide by existing health and safety protocols while continuing to provide necessary and immediate services at this time.
More specifically, the following guidelines will be strictly observed in providing limited on-site consular services under the current level of restrictions applied by GovGuam:
- On-site consular services shall only apply to emergency cases or other critical essential purposes and will be handled on a case-by-case basis depending on the urgency and severity as may be determined by consular officials;
- Adjudication of each case will be in accordance with existing laws, rules, and regulations, including those being applied or that remain in force due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Consular clients seeking on-site consular services under item 1 above are required to send details about their circumstances by using the online emergency request form;
- In the box for “Details of Request” please include clear and verifiable details about the nature of the emergency situation, and justification for the necessity of the consular service being requested;
- It is also preferable that the requesting party provide a contact number and convenient time to take a call in case the consular assistant in charge needs to clarify details about the request;
- Duly approved requests for emergency on-site consular services shall be notified by email about the status of their request, necessary documents that have to be sent in via email for pre-processing, and the details of their schedule for on-site consular services, as may be necessary;
- Those who are cleared via email to proceed to the Philippine Consulate General premises for on-site consular services are requested to adhere to the following health protocols:
- Complete the mandatory Health Declaration Form;
- Have a face mask on upon entering the ITC Building;
- Arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to scheduled appointment;
- Observe physical distancing of at least 6 feet if other clients are present;
- Sanitize hands before approaching the consular counter;
- Bring and use their own pens for writing;
- Bring cash only (preferably in exact amount) to pay consular fees
- To facilitate GovGuam efforts to control and reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus, it is also preferable that clients approved for on-site consular service download the Guam COVID Alert App* from Google Play or the Apple App Store and activate these on their phones.
- Only concerned applicants will be allowed to enter the Consular Section; one companion will be allowed inside to assist the elderly, minors, or those who have special needs.
We request those with non-emergency consular needs to please postpone your queries at this time so that we can focus our efforts on those who are in immediate need of our assistance. The online appointment system (https://bookmeaganapcg.setmore.com/) will also remain suspended until Guam is downgraded to Pandemic Condition of Readiness Level 2 (PCOR-2).
In the meantime, we urge the public to continue to refer to our official and mirror sites, as well as our social media accounts, for updates on adjustments to our operational status as appropriate to the most current government-declared COVID-19 situation on the island.
On the web: https://www.aganapcg.info/news-phinagana/